- Right now I’m reading The Spectacular Now and loving it, it’s reminding me of reading One Day and I looooooved that book, read it several times now. I just really hope I don’t end up curled up in a ball and sobbing at the end like with the latter book.
- I had some horrible thigh pain this week that made it hard to walk or even move my leg but it’s mostly gone now. I am planning to go back to the gym tomorrow even though my Chiro said no elliptical or treadmill but I think the treadmill will be ok. I figure that not exercising isn’t good either and I can’t walk outside everyday. Plus, I get a better workout at the gym.
- My show Skins is over and I’m sad but I think it’s time to let it go and by let it go I mean just continually watch the old episodes over and over and over again.
- On the plus side Breaking Bad is coming back on Sunday. I can’t decide if I should go watch it at one of Manly Man’s friend’s houses or just wait to see it on Monday. If I watch it at their place and they piss me off during it it’s not going to be pretty.
- I finished The Sopranos and don’t know if I want to write up a post now comparing it to Breaking Bad or wait until Breaking Bad is over? I mean, it’s only 8 more episodes. ::sniff::
- Sometimes I think I really want to have friends over or go see friends and then I think, no, I think I’ll lay in my hammock or go to my beach instead. Just thinking about dealing with people makes me tired.
- Speaking of people, family, sigh. Can I just move to England now and just give up on being close to my family?
I’ve had a bit of drama in my life lately but through this I’ve realized how much I’ve grown up because of how I’ve handled it. To be fair I posted a few things on Facebook and wrote a couple of blog posts out of anger but I don’t really regret it because the people it was about don’t follow me, anymore, so it wasn’t done to hurt them, just for me to vent. Still, not the most mature way to handle things.
However, on the good side I’ve learned that feeding into irrational anger and arguments gets you absolutely nowhere. The best thing you can do when someone starts pushing buttons is to hide that message away for at least 24 hours and then revisit it if you want to. After 24 hours I’ve realized that there is no winning in this fight, it’s just going to get nastier and nastier as it progresses. Also there doesn’t appear to be a possible solution other than to just admit that the whole thing is pointless, which I don’t think will happen.
So the best thing I can do for myself and the situation is just to ignore it. My anger is gone about it all and I’ve moved onto not caring anymore. It’s so easy to get sucked into drama but eventually you get to a point in your life where the drama just stops being interesting anymore. I’m not going to let someone else’s issues cause stress and frustration in my life. I will not let this kind of thing take up anymore time in my life. I’m done.